Pages

July 9, 2009

Read: Are you really peaceful or just avoiding discomfort?

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Greetings ~ This is an interesting question worth pondering...
I am peaceful by nature... though I have had a lot of real
turbulance in my life. I tend to avoid people who make me
feel uncomfortable if I 'feel' they have a dark spirit on them.

For many years in my adulthood I was motiavted by hatred
for 'the oppressors' and was generally prepared for violence
as my mind-set. Fortunately, I have mellowed with the years
and have learned to understand that relationships between the
oppressors and the oppressed. One presupposes the other.

I see now that the oppressor is also oppressed by his own need
for maintaining an oppressive order that causes him to be in a
constant nightmare. I have decided now to live in the real hell
of the oppressor and have liberated my consciousness.

I have learned the sublime purpose of having inner sereenity,
especially because my work with homeless people has so much
real drama and real trauma.

A lot of floating hostiity is around... violent vibes... and I try not
to be confrontational, but rather strive to have real empathy,
not liberal sympathy, but a liberating empathy.

Education for Liberation!

Peter S. Lopez ~aka: Peta
Sacramento, California, Aztlan
Yahoo Email:
peter.lopez51@yahoo.com


Wake Up! Join Up! Rise Up!
http://anhglobal.ning.com/group/humanerightsagenda

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Humane-Rights-Agenda/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NetworkAztlan_News/
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ



From: Eliana Gilad - Voices of Eden <musicpeace@voicesofeden.com>
To: Peta-de-Aztlan <peter.lopez51@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 9, 2009 1:49:03 PM
Subject: Are you really peaceful or just avoiding discomfort?

 
logo
 
Are you really peaceful or are you just avoiding discomfort?

Let Your Self Be Heard
 
Qumran Cave
 
 
WITH ANCIENT HEALING & TRANSFORMATIONAL MUSIC
 
 
 
 
Guided Music Meditation
 
Dare to Say Yes! Increase Your Focus and Follow Through
 
 
 
 

Quick Links...
 

Dear Peta-de-Aztlan,
 
In preparation for the interview series I am building on "Finding & Expressing Your Inner Voice of Peace in Difficult Times", I made a short survey, asking "What is your number one question about living peacefully in troubled times?" This has spawned such lively discussion... that I am left with a big WOW. 

What a blessing to work with such amazing people like you!  One really meaty discussion began from one of my readers: 
 
She asks (my paraphasing):
 
How do you know if you're really connecting to your inner peace, or just avoiding more difficult feelings?

She continues eloquently: 
 
"In a given troubled circumstance that we might face..... it might be easy  to detach from the feelings, or pretend they really aren't there, or  know they are there but sweep them under the rug, or distract yourself from connecting with the feelings stirring in you.  And in doing those  things, the feelings don't find a place.... or rather they don't  transform...... I believe they will linger or lay dormant until  something else triggers them. 
 
What I'm wondering is how to discern  when you have done one of these things with your feelings versus  finding your real inner peace regarding that situation?


Amazing question...
 
I've been asking it lately myself, as I wade through the birth waters of having moved into my new home and healing music center.  Feeling exhilirated by new opportunity yet in the dark about how things would unfold,  I wondered to myself, whether I could really allow myself to feel this unsettled. On one hand I have a sense of inner peace, and am in the right place at the right time. At the same time, I can feel lonely and uncomfortable as I adjust to my new surroundings. 
 
Ironically, I just listened to the following recording I sent you last summer, when I was on the pregnant end of this creation.  Revisiting it brings additional clarity.
 
What do you think?
 
"This past month I have been in the process of knocking down walls (inner and outer), digging holes in the ground (and in my psyche), as well as pouring the foundation for my new renovated home, and future world-wide headquarters for Voices of Eden.
 
This upcoming move is not only uprooting my inner sense of comfort while I go through the change, it is bringing with it, a true desire to get to know myself and you in a more authentic way.
 
So hear (pun intended), is the inspirational three minutes that came out yesterday...
 
I'd really like to get to know you. That is, if you would like to know the real unedited me...
 
Listen here."
 
I would like to hear from the real unedited you. Please share your experience with me.  
 
Love,
Eliana 
 
 



Eliana Gilad, Founder
 
Ancient Healing & Transformational Music
 
Sacred Peace Tours:
 
 
+972-52-3890131
 

Voices of Eden

HaGefen 20
Tivon, Galilee
36503
IL


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep Comments + ~Hate control freaks!